ℹ At TreeHacks, everything's chill but the weather.
📅️ Sunday - February 14, 2016
⏰ 3 min read ∙ 492 words
Han-Hsun Huang Engineering Center - Stanford University
February 12th to 14th, 2016
- Out of State Applicant Scholarship, Travel Grant Recipient
- Prize Winner
Stanford’s annual hackathon.
Ammalia. Where surgeons go to explore.
Ammalia, which means surgery in Arabic, is a Leap Motion assisted app that allows a surgeon to analyze pictures of their patient’s problem (i.e. brain tumors) using the Dropbox API.
The areas we believe Ammalia could be the most useful is with radiology image manipulation / scrolling while scrubbed in & sterile in the OR.
Ammalia - A Leap Motion assisted app allowing medical professionals to view and manipulate scans while scrubbed in and sterile
Ammalia. Where surgeons go to explore. Ammalia, which means surgery in Arabic, is a Leap Motion assisted app that allows a surgeon to analyze pictures of their patient's problem (i.e. brain tumors) using the Dropbox API. Use cases?
Out of State Applicant Scholarship - December 2015
I was 1 of 150 hackers from out of state who was accepted to attend TreeHacks with full travel reimbursement from over two thousand applicants, so basically a ~7.5% acceptance rate.
- Best Use of Dropbox API
- 100 GB of Dropbox storage for each member
- Best Social Impact
- Lunch with Stanford President Hennessey + \$400 to a charity of your choice
- Coaching with Shannon Farley & Tour of Fast Forward
- $400 to a charity of your choice
This is a Medium article about one of my teammates from the hackathon - Stephanie. She was awesome! 😊
In these three weeks leading up to TreeHacks, we'll be doing a series of hacker spotlights, or deep dives into the stories of a few members of the ever-growing hackathon community. In their own words and with only slight editing for clarity, hackers will have the chance to explain their backgrounds, tell their stories, and (humble)brag about their coolest hacks What got you into hacking?
- Theme Color:
Created a README badge using Sketch to be used for project READMEs hacked out at TreeHacks.
- We can see Ammalia potentially pivoting to include 3D manipulation of MRI and CT scans mid-procedure, which is important when, for example, determining the extent of a tumor in real-time.
- Another area we could look into is radiology and cardiology intervention which would actually involve catheter manipulation.
- Also, depending on the patient chosen, Ammalia could also showcase different health record data points that pertain to the patient being showcased\ (i.e. name, age, background, etc).
- Leap Motion
- uses Leap Motion API and hardware to track hand gestures (pan in/out, zoom in/out, slide right/left) without physically touching computer
- Dropbox API
- use Dropbox for uploading/storing images for patient’s problems
- have folders within Dropbox API represent a single patient
Team - Big Hero 4