Kent State University
Kent State University - Kent, OH
October 7th to 9th, 2016
Volunteer, Participant, Winner
Volunteered for the hardware booth and Foobar (smoothies) and then teamed up with my boyfriend to work on a Leap Motion hack that ended up winning an award! 😍
Kent Hack Enough brings hackers from all over the nation together to learn something new, party hard, and create something awesome.
- Our team created a web app that uses LeapMotion to authenticate user trying to enter their home
- Best Device Privacy Hack - Sponsored by Ubisoft
- Kent Hack Enough | Best Device Privacy Hack
- Won award of Best Security Privacy Hack sponsored by Ubisoft with the prize being two copies of Watch Dog 2
GitHub Repo 🔗︎
Jake the Dog has a key hand.
What it does 🔗︎
Web app that uses LeapMotion to authenticate user trying to enter their home.
How we built it 🔗︎
Using CodeKit, we hosted a website and plugged in a lot of Leap Motion plugins along with the API.
Challenges we ran into 🔗︎
Getting the Leap Motion hands to display properly was hard. We spent a lot of time working on features that we shouldn't have.
Accomplishments that we're proud of 🔗︎
Getting it to work in only a few hours!
What we learned 🔗︎
Different Leap Motion plugins.
What's next for Jake the Dog Key Hand | Security Corp 🔗︎
Optimizing the UI, extending password combination capabilities (multiple numbers).
- Make sure to have LeapMotion installed on your computer