This post will attempt to cover full-time roles available to recent grads for the position of an “Associate Product Manager”.
I will not be looking at internships or the APMM (Associate Product Marketing Manager) positions so if you’re interested in those instead, Google is your friend.
Got lazy and gave up on this post but I did link a few APM programs I know about.
Companies have different wants and needs for their APMs. Some, like Amazon, prefer those with a more business background while others like Google will be less likely to hire an APM who doesn’t have a strong technical background.
Generally speaking, though, APMs generally want to have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or business
- Internships in the tech sector
- Strong writing, speaking and leadership skills
- Sharp critical thinking skills with a heavy reliability on data to drive decision making
- The ability to code and/or pass whiteboard interviews
- Asana - Associate Product Manager
- Capital One
- Dropbox - Product Manager University Grad
- Google - Associate Product Manager, University Graduate
- Internet Brands
- IXL Learning
- Simple Finance
- Uber - Associate Product Manager - University Grad
- Walmart - Associate Product Manager
- Workday - Associate Product Manager - New University Graduate
- Yelp - Associate Product Manager
- Yext - Associate Product Manager, University Graduate
Further Resources 🔗︎
- GitHub Repo - hire-me
- I recommend checking out to get a better idea of what might help when applying to these awesome positions.
- Google Jobs - Associate Product Manager
- LinkedIn Jobs - Associate Product Manager in San Francisco Bay Area
- Quora - What companies offer Associate Product Manager position?