Here are some things I’d like to accomplish by the end of 2019.
A lot of these are already planned but some are stretch goals!
Let’s see what happens - but I’ll remind myself in Todoist to look at this post come December 8th, 2019.
- Become a senior software engineer
- Start a podcast (#TechQueens)
- Read 30+ books
- Talk about technology or my career at 15+ events (conferences/Meetups/podcasts/etc.)
- Travel to Hawaii and another place I’ve never been (preferably outside the US)
- Write 5+ articles that get published outside of my personal website (Medium publication, external blog, etc.)
These are more long-term or broad goals.
- Be loved and love others 😊
- Give a TED talk
- Write a book
- Become a leader at a tech company (VP Eng, Chief Architect, CTO, CEO, etc.)
- Be on the radio
- Donate or raise \$10K for charity
- Be involved in the production of a movie I’d actually watch and enjoy
- Record a song
- Live in Peru for 6+ months
- Have the ability to retire at 35 years old but then decide not to because I’d probably get bored
- Be known as an industry wide expert in something
- Attend a masquerade ball
- Own a doggo
- Try out being a teacher
- Lead by example and influence a generation of minority women to break into and succeed in tech