The Leadership Summit brings together leaders in business, government, education, and industry, plus selected MBA students, for a one-day conference at the Stanford Faculty Club at Stanford University.
Attendees learn first hand from successful entrepreneurs, executives and political leaders what it takes to survive and succeed in today’s world. The summit is designed to inspire and suggest innovative changes needed for future Latino generations to succeed.
Es Tiempo, LLC., is proud to announce the 10th annual Silicon Valley Latino Leadership Summit (SVLLS), on May 4, 2019. This year’s theme is “Looking Back, Moving Forward: The Latino Future of Silicon Valley.” Latinos already comprise the largest ethnic group in California. By 2030, Latinos are projected to become 43 percent of California’s population. In terms of demography, the future is Latino. But will demography necessarily translate into a more diverse workforce, especially in the boardrooms, in the C-suite, and among the entrepreneurs poised to create influential and scalable startups? The occasion of the summit’s tenth anniversary allows us time to reflect upon the advances Latinos have made past decades, while tackling the challenges that remain consistent and seemingly evergreen.
As always, the SVLLS is an exclusive opportunity to network with top executives, changemakers and thought leaders in our valley and beyond. By participating in the SVLLS, you are not only building and strengthening new relationships with colleagues across various sectors, but also building a community of professionals that will make the Latino Future a reality. Transform your future and the future of other Latinos – Es Tiempo!
- 8:00 Registration & Light Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 Welcome
- Frank Carbajal, Founder, Es Tiempo, LLC and SVLLS
- 9:05 Opening Keynote
- Thaddeus Arroyo, CEO, AT&T Business
- 9:35 Sponsor Spotlight
- AT&T, Gold Sponsor
- 9:40 Networking Break
- 9:55 Sponsor Spotlight
- El Camino Group at Morgan Stanley, Silver Sponsor
- 10:00 Morning Plenary: Diversity and Inclusion and Taking Action
- Mark Madrid, CEO, Latino Business Action Network (LBAN)
- Patricia Mota, President & CEO, Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement (HACE)
- Delia Gutierrez McLaughlin, President & CEO, Coda Technology Consulting
- Sandra Lopez, Vice President/General Manager, Intel
- Loni Olazaba, Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition, LinkedIn
- Michael A. Urbina, Global Executive Talent Scout, Box
- 11:10 Sponsor Spotlight: MUFG Union Bank, Silver Sponsor
- 11:15 Lunch & Networking
- 12:15 Luncheon Discussion: Disrupting Health Care for Latino Empowerment
- Irene Chavez, Senior. VP and Area Manager, Kaiser Permanente
- 1:05 Sponsor Spotlight: Kaiser Permanente,Silver Sponsor
- 1:10 Award Presentation: Lifetime Leadership Award Ralph de la Vega, Chairman, De La Vega Group
- 1:30 Coffee & Networking Break
- 1:40 Award Presentation: Pioneer Leadership Award Anna Maria Chavez, Executive Vice President, National Council on Aging, (Former CEO, Girl Scouts of the USA)
- 2:00 Award Presentation: Visionary Leadership Award Lili Gil Valletta, Co-Founder and CEO, Culturintel & Co-Founder and CEO CIEN+
- 2:20 Coffee & Networking Break
- 2:45 SVLLS Young Latinx Scholars Recognition (Ivy League Project & Salinas Dream Academy Collaborative) by Raquel Tamez, CEO, Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE).
- 2:45 SVLLS Young Latina Scholars (Ivy League Project & Salinas Dream Academy Collaborative)
- 2:55 Closing Keynote Speaker: David Olivencia, Managing Director, Cloud Advisory, Accenture and Co-Founder, HITEC
- 3:20 Private Reception Co-hosted by Hispanic-Net