Tech Queens is the first and only podcast that focuses on the stories and advice shared by women of color in tech.
I started Tech Queens as a side project back on March 8th of this year (also International Women’s Day).
Since then, I’ve released 10 episodes (~1 hour each) and reached 1,300+ total plays with 5 more episodes on track to be published by January 2020.
Tech Queens is also available on all the major podcasting platforms — Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and others.
Listeners have told me in person the value they have gotten out of Tech Queens — like a manager from Y Combinator who is looking for best practices as he raises two young women of color and recruiters from Netflix who told me they appreciated the seriousness of the discussions that were had.
I’m so proud of the work I’ve been able to do to better showcase women of color but I have limited bandwidth and I want to focus more of my efforts on leading Techqueria.
That is why I am now looking for a new host of Tech Queens to continue this critical work!
We can chat and then if it’s a good fit, we will start transitioning you as the new host!
What I require from the new host 🔗︎
- You identify as a woman of color in tech
- You are passionate about showcasing the voices of other women of color in tech
- You’re ready to commit to publishing at least 6 episodes over the next 6 months (January 2020 to June 2020)
- You have a plan to pass the baton to another host if you can’t continue podcasting after 6 months
What you will get as the new host 🔗︎
- A brand new website hosted on Netlify that showcases all the Tech Queens episodes (it’s currently hosted on my personal website)
- Access to all the social media accounts associated with Tech Queens (Twitter, Instagram, FB page, etc)
- Access to the Tech Queens Calendly link to schedule recordings
- Access to the Tech Queens CRM in Airtable where I’ve been keeping track of all my interviewees
- Two brand new mics handed to you in person (if you’re based in SF) or I will mail them to you
- A $600 upfront stipend for the next 6 months to spend on:
- audio editing of the episodes — $70 per episode x 6 episodes = $420
- recording time on SquadCast — $5 per hour x 6 epsiodes = $30
- an extra $150 as a token of my appreciation for your time and effort
Since I’m providing $600 upfront in order to ensure a successful transition, I will want a contract signed so there’s a commitment of 6 months with at least 6 episodes being published.