🎙️ 6 episodes planned so far
So after starting to listen to more tech podcasts, I realized a disappointing trend - most of the hosts were white guys. Overwhelmingly so.
But instead of deciding to complain about the lack of good tech podcasts with POC hosts, I instead decided to start my own.
Introducing Tech Queens, a podcast that focuses on stories and advice by women of color in tech.
In 2015, women made up 25 percent of computing-related occupations.
As Figure 1.1 indicates, levels of participation are even more concerning when it comes to women of color (NCWIT - Bureau of Labor, 2016).
In other words, if you are not a white woman - you’re a woman of color in tech and should share your story on Tech Queens!
Hi, I’m Frances!
I’m a Latina (Peruvian-American) who engineers solutions to make your working life more simple, more pleasant and more productive.
You can find more deets on my about page.
Want to be on the podcast?
Email me at
email@example.com with the following items:
- Ethnic background
- Brief 1 to 2 sentence blurb on why you want to be on the podcast
- A question you feel is relevant that you want to answer and is not going to be covered (see format section below)
Here’s a quick template to make it easy-peasy:
Frances Coronel Latina (Peruvian-American) https://linkedin.com/in/fvcproductions https://twitter.com/fvcproductions https://instagram.com/fvcproductions I want to be on #TechQueens because XYZ... I want to answer the question "Is there really a pipeline issue?"
- Every 2 weeks on Monday at 12 pm
- minus most holidays and weeks where I’m just too busy tbh 😂
- https://techqueenspod.com redirects to this page
- Recordings will link to Anchor https://anchor.fm/tech-queens
The format for each 1 hour session will look something like this:
- What’s your story?
- As a minority women in tech, what challenges or obstacles have you faced within the tech industry?
- What groups, strategies or tools have you used to overcome those obstacles?
- If you were a white man in tech, what do you think would be easier for you to deal with (if anything)?
- If you could give any advice to your younger self as you were starting out, what would it be?
- What do you think can be done to create a safer space for us?
- What is a useful app or platform that has helped you grow in your career?
- What does the term XYZ mean to you and how has it impacted your career?
- What is an organization or affinity group that you would recommend joining?
- Where do you live online or how can people reach out to you?
- Sketch 3 - you can download the assets with this Sketch Cloud link.
- avataaars generator for awesome avatar image
- #Techish for inspiration
Music by Jukedeck - create your own at http://jukedeck.com